Ainsley Harriott's SOS Chicken Curry
Ainsley Harriott put together this delicious, good for you meal
17.6 oz jar tomato sauce
1-2 tablespoons hot curry paste
14 oz cooked boneless tandoori or tikka chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1/4 pint FAGE Total 0% Yogurt
1/2 teaspoon fine granulated sugar
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the rice:
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 onion, sliced
1 ½ lb cooked white rice
1 tsp turmeric
1 oz seedless raisins
Chopped fresh cilantro, to garnish (optional)
- Place the tomato sauce in a small pan, stir in the curry paste and heat gently.
- Meanwhile, for the rice, heat the oil in a wok and stir-fry the onion for 4 minutes until nicely browned.
- Stir in the rice, turmeric and raisins and heat gently for 3-4 minutes, adding a splash of water if the mixture is a little dry.
- Add the chicken and yogurt to the tomato mixture, bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes until warmed through.
- Stir in the sugar and season to taste.
- Season the rice and divide between serving plates.
- Spoon over the chicken mixture and garnish with cilantro, if using.
Quick & Easy
Explore a variety of delicious recipes that are simple to craft and exquisite to taste. With FAGE Total, there’s no telling what you’ll whip up next.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total Greek yogurt recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Breakfast and Brunch
From lazy Sundays to busy Monday mornings, our recipes inspired by FAGE Total are sure to satisfy you on any day of the week.