Blue Corn Cakes with Fresh Corn, Bacon and FAGE Total
A savory and flavorful dish, perfect for a snack or brunch.
2 tsp sugar
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
½ cup FAGE Total, FAGE Total 0% or FAGE Total 2%
2 tbsp milk or water
1 cup blue cornmeal
¼ tsp salt
1 cup corn kernels
2 tbsp butter
2 slices bacon, diced
2 cups corn kernels
Salt and pepper to taste
2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Corn Cakes: In a large bowl, mix together eggs, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, FAGE Total, milk (or water), blue cornmeal, salt and corn kernels to form a batter.
- Put butter in medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat and cook until melted, about 3 to 5 minutes. Drop approximately 2 tbsp of the batter at a time onto the buttered skillet and cook for 2 minutes on one side. Flip and cook other side until browned.
- If there is remaining FAGE Total, use as a garnish for the blue corn cakes.
- Topping: In a medium-sized sauté pan, cook bacon over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes on each side, or until crisp. Once cooked, drain off the rendered fat from the bacon. Add the corn to the sauté pan and cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and top with scallions.
- Serve topping with blue corn cakes and garnish with FAGE Total.
Quick & Easy
Explore a variety of delicious recipes that are simple to craft and exquisite to taste. With FAGE Total, there’s no telling what you’ll whip up next.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total Greek yogurt recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Breakfast and Brunch
From lazy Sundays to busy Monday mornings, our recipes inspired by FAGE Total are sure to satisfy you on any day of the week.
Embrace the season with flavors and recipes inspired by FAGE Total. From winter soups to summertime salads, enhance any dish with FAGE Total.