Coconut French Toast Skewers with FAGE Total Icing
A classic dish reinvented with a tropical bite.
Coconut French Toast Skewers:
4 large eggs
¼ cup FAGE Total, FAGE Total 2% or FAGE Total 0%, room temperature
¼ cup dark brown sugar
½ tsp coconut extract
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut flakes
1 cup almonds, sliced
4 thick slices challah bread
Butter, for greasing the griddle pan
FAGE Total Icing:
1 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
3 tbsp FAGE Total, FAGE Total 2% or FAGE Total 0%, room temperature
½ tsp natural coconut extract
¼ tsp almond extract
Pack of wooden grilling skewers for serving.
- Coconut French Toast Skewers: Cut the pineapple and mangoes into medium-sized cubes, set aside for skewers.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, FAGE Total, dark brown sugar, coconut extract, ground cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a shallow pan or dish, combine the shredded coconut flakes and sliced almonds. Set aside.
- Cut the challah bread into slices, approximately 1½ inches thick.
- Dip a challah bread slice into the egg mixture. Be sure the entire slice is well soaked. Once coated with egg mixture, dip the challah bread slice into the coconut nut mixture, coating both sides. Set aside on a large dish and repeat this process with remaining pieces of challah bread.
- Preheat the griddle to medium heat. Butter the grill so it is completely coated. Cook the individual challah slices until one side is a deep golden brown, approximately 7-8 minutes. Flip and cook until a deep golden brown on the other side.
- Once all the challah bread slices are cooked, cut them into large cubes.
- Place a cube of the coconut french toast onto a skewer, add a piece of pineapple, then a piece of mango. Repeat this process until skewers are filled.
- Drizzle the skewers with the FAGE coconut almond icing and serve immediately.
- FAGE Total Icing: In a small bowl, sift the confectioners' sugar. Then add in the FAGE Total, natural coconut extract and almond extract. Whisk until smooth.
Quick & Easy
Explore a variety of delicious recipes that are simple to craft and exquisite to taste. With FAGE Total, there’s no telling what you’ll whip up next.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total Greek yogurt recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Breakfast and Brunch
From lazy Sundays to busy Monday mornings, our recipes inspired by FAGE Total are sure to satisfy you on any day of the week.
Embrace the season with flavors and recipes inspired by FAGE Total. From winter soups to summertime salads, enhance any dish with FAGE Total.