Creamy Roasted-Beet Soup with FAGE Total
A light lunch that’s heavy on great flavor.
4 large or 6 small red beets
2 tbsp butter
½ tsp salt
Small shallot, minced
3 cups vegetable broth
2 tsp fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
¼ cup FAGE Total, FAGE Total 2% or FAGE Total 0%, plus a dollop for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wrap each beet in tinfoil and roast for 45 to 60 minutes or until tender. Set aside and allow to cool. Once cooled at room temperature, peel and cut into large chunks.
- In a medium to large sauce pot over medium heat, sauté the shallots, butter and salt until translucent. Cook for approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, thyme, bay leaf, pepper and beets to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until beets are tender enough to purée. Remove pot from stove to cool.
- Purée soup in batches in a blender or use an immersion blender. Return puréed soup to pot, do not place on heat.
- Stir in FAGE Total. To serve, garnish with a dollop of FAGE Total.
Quick & Easy
Explore a variety of delicious recipes that are simple to craft and exquisite to taste. With FAGE Total, there’s no telling what you’ll whip up next.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total Greek yogurt recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Breakfast and Brunch
From lazy Sundays to busy Monday mornings, our recipes inspired by FAGE Total are sure to satisfy you on any day of the week.
Embrace the season with flavors and recipes inspired by FAGE Total. From winter soups to summertime salads, enhance any dish with FAGE Total.