Fried Chicken with FAGE Total® Greek Yogurt
A jazzed up version of your typical Fried Chicken
2 cups FAGE Total 2% Greek Yogurt
½ tsp ground Cinnamon
½ tsp dried oregano
½ tsp ground cumin
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
¼ tsp garlic powder
2 3 ½ - 4 pound chickens
Marinated Chicken pieces – wiped mostly dry
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
2 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp cayenne
2 tsp salt
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp ground allspice
2 cups canola oil
- Marinade: In a large mixing bowl, combine all marinade ingredients. Remove wing tips and backs from chickens. Cut up each chicken into 8 pieces (2 Legs, 2 thighs, and each breast half-cut into 2 breast/wing & breast). Combine chicken with marinade and marinate 6 – 12 hours.
- Fried Chicken: Mix all dry ingredients. Then combine with the chicken pieces in a large bag and shake to coat thoroughly. Remove from bag and shake off excess flour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Heat the oil in a large skillet. Oil should be about an inch deep. When oil is shimmering, carefully lower the legs and thighs into the hot oil. Cook slowly until golden brown, turning to give the chicken an even golden color. When well browned and cooked, 8 – 10 minutes, remove and drain on paper towels.
- Then place on a baking sheet and transfer to the oven for 15 minutes to complete cooking.
- When finished with the dark meat, repeat procedure with the breast pieces.
- Check pieces for doneness and serve hot from the oven.
Additional Notes: Oven Fried Option: Replace all-purpose flour with panko bread crumbs. Season and “bread” the chicken pieces as described. After coating chicken pieces with bread crumbs, place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Spray chicken pieces with an oil mister. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes, turn pieces over, re-mist and return to oven for 10–15 minutes. Check for doneness and serve hot from the oven.
Recipe by Edward Magel.
Quick & Easy
Explore a variety of delicious recipes that are simple to craft and exquisite to taste. With FAGE Total, there’s no telling what you’ll whip up next.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total Greek yogurt recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Breakfast and Brunch
From lazy Sundays to busy Monday mornings, our recipes inspired by FAGE Total are sure to satisfy you on any day of the week.
Embrace the season with flavors and recipes inspired by FAGE Total. From winter soups to summertime salads, enhance any dish with FAGE Total.