Roasted Corn Soup with Bacon-Green Onion Relish and FAGE Total®
Corn Stock (or you can use canned vegetable broth):
12 ears fresh corn on the cob, silks and husks removed
1 small Spanish onion, coarsely chopped
1 small carrot, coarsely chopped
Corn kernels from 12 ears of corn (from above)
4 tbsp canola oil
1/2 lb. slab bacon, cut into small dice
8 cloves roasted garlic
Corn stock (recipe above)
1 tbsp granulated sugar, plus more if needed
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup FAGE Total 0%
2 green onions, finely chopped, green and pale green part
2 tbsp finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley or cilantro
- Corn Stock:Using a sharp knife, remove the kernels of corn from each cob, place the kernels in a bowl and reserve for the soup. Cut each cob in half crosswise.
- Place the corn cobs in a large stock pot with the onion and carrot and add 7 cups of cold water. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Strain the stock into a medium saucepan, bring to a boil and cook until reduced to about 4 cups. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until golden brown and crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels. Remove all but 3 tablespoons of the rendered fat left in the pan. Reserve the rendered fat to use for the bacon relish.
- Add the roasted garlic to the fat and cook for 1 minute. Add the corn kernels and sugar and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add enough of the corn stock to cover the corn by 1-inch, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the soup cooks, combine the bacon, green onion, parsley or cilantro and some of the bacon in a small bowl and toss to coat. Set aside until ready to serve the soup.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the solids to a blender and add 1 ½ cups of the cooking liquid and blend until smooth. If the soup is too thick, add more of the cooking liquid, 1/4 cup at a time. Strain the soup into a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Taste for sweetness; if needed, add a few extra teaspoons of sugar. Whisk in the FAGE Total, take off the heat, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and top with some of the bacon relish.
Quick & Easy
Explore a variety of delicious recipes that are simple to craft and exquisite to taste. With FAGE Total, there’s no telling what you’ll whip up next.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total Greek yogurt recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Breakfast and Brunch
From lazy Sundays to busy Monday mornings, our recipes inspired by FAGE Total are sure to satisfy you on any day of the week.
Embrace the season with flavors and recipes inspired by FAGE Total. From winter soups to summertime salads, enhance any dish with FAGE Total.