Penne with Wild Mushrooms and FAGE Total®
A simple supper or chill for a lunchbox treat
2 tbsp olive oil
3 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
2/3 lbs fresh wild mushroom, wiped and sliced
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1.1 lb packet of fresh Penne Rigate
¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 containers of 6 oz FAGE Total 0% Greek Yogurt
2 tbsp freshly chopped basil and parsley
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the chopped shallots and crushed garlic for 2-3 minutes without browning. Stir in the mushrooms and vinegar and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the Penne Rigate according to the pack instructions and drain well.
- Stir the pasta into the mushrooms and reheat. Season to taste. Add the FAGE Total Greek Yogurt and stir well. If liked, Parmesan cheese can be sprinkled on just before serving.
- Serve piping hot and garnish with fresh herbs (if your children don’t object).
- Additional Notes: A totally low fat pasta recipe that all the family can enjoy. A blend of wild mushrooms tossed together with freshly cooked penne , a hint of vinegar and nutmeg and deliciously creamy FAGE Total 0% Greek Yogurt.
Quick & Easy
Explore a variety of delicious recipes that are simple to craft and exquisite to taste. With FAGE Total, there’s no telling what you’ll whip up next.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total Greek yogurt recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Breakfast and Brunch
From lazy Sundays to busy Monday mornings, our recipes inspired by FAGE Total are sure to satisfy you on any day of the week.
Embrace the season with flavors and recipes inspired by FAGE Total. From winter soups to summertime salads, enhance any dish with FAGE Total.