Moroccan Chickpea & Vegetable Tagine with Herb Dressing and FAGE Total® Greek Yogurt
Flavorful spices and a burst of delicious vegetables
1 cup FAGE Total Greek Yogurt
1/4 cup sunflower oil
1/2 large onion, peeled and thinly sliced
2 large garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp each of ground cumin, cinnamon and turmeric
¼ tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
1 3/4 cup chickpeas
1 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
1 1/4 cups vegetable stock
1/2 cup zucchini, diced
1/4 cup baby corn
1/4 cup sugar snaps or
1/4 cup baby carrots
4 tsp chopped fresh parsley and coriander
Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat half of oil in a pan. Add onion, garlic, and spices. Fry over a low to medium heat for five minutes until golden.
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes and stock. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir fry the vegetables in a separate frying pan or wok with remaining oil, then add to the chickpea mixture.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for a further 20 minutes.
- To finish, add half the yogurt, adjust seasoning to taste and serve.
- For the herb yogurt dressing, mix the remaining yogurt, chopped parsley and coriander together.
Additional Notes: Don’t boil the Tagine after adding the yogurt or it may split. Serve with couscous and a crisp salad.
Quick & Easy
Explore a variety of delicious recipes that are simple to craft and exquisite to taste. With FAGE Total, there’s no telling what you’ll whip up next.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total Greek yogurt recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Breakfast and Brunch
From lazy Sundays to busy Monday mornings, our recipes inspired by FAGE Total are sure to satisfy you on any day of the week.
Embrace the season with flavors and recipes inspired by FAGE Total. From winter soups to summertime salads, enhance any dish with FAGE Total.