Roast Shoulder of Spiced English Lamb
The marinade of spices and FAGE Total completely tenderizes this meat
1 boned shoulder of English Lamb, or leg, if you prefer
A little olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper.
For the marinade:
1 1/8 cup FAGE Total Greek Yogurt
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1 tsp dried chili flakes
¼ tsp ground ginger
2 tsp rosemary, chopped
- Beat all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl with a spoon for 4 minutes.
- Place the lamb on board and season well.
- Rub the lamb all over with the yogurt marinade – really work it into both sides.
- Place in a freezer bag with any remaining yogurt marinade and refrigerate for up to 12 hours.
- To Cook: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and heat olive oil in a roasting tray.
- Seal the lamb and roast in oven for up to 2 ½ hours, depending on how you like your meat cooked.
Additional Notes: FAGE Total Yogurt helps to tenderize the meat, add flavor and can be used on cheap cuts of meat. That’s why I have used shoulder in this recipe, not leg that is more expensive.
Serving suggestion: During the summer, reduce cooking time by 30 minutes and finish off on your BBQ. Serve with a Greek salad and new potatoes.
Quick & Easy
Explore a variety of delicious recipes that are simple to craft and exquisite to taste. With FAGE Total, there’s no telling what you’ll whip up next.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total Greek yogurt recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Breakfast and Brunch
From lazy Sundays to busy Monday mornings, our recipes inspired by FAGE Total are sure to satisfy you on any day of the week.
Embrace the season with flavors and recipes inspired by FAGE Total. From winter soups to summertime salads, enhance any dish with FAGE Total.