Spiced Baked Apples with FAGE Total
A fall snack recipe that will delight.
Spiced Baked Apples:
4 large Honey Crisp, Gala, Golden Delicious, Macintosh apples or any other variety
¼ cup golden raisins
¼ cup dried currants
¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
¼ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp cinnamon
2 cinnamon sticks
1-inch strip of lemon zest
1-inch knob of ginger, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick
½ cup apple cider
FAGE Total Topping:
1 cup FAGE Total, FAGE Total 2% or FAGE Total 0%
¼ tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp ginger
- With a small paring knife, remove the core of the apple and a small cavity from the top.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the golden raisins, dried currants, dark brown sugar, ground ginger and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Spoon the mixutre into the apples, dividing mixture equally between the 4 apples. Place in a small baking dish or 8x8-inch cake pan.
- In a small pot, over medium-high heat, add the ½ cup of apple cider, lemon zest, ginger and cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil and cook until mixture is a syrup like consistensy. Pour the syrup ingredients into the baking dish over the apples and bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until apples are tender to the touch of a fork.
- Place apples on a serving plate.
- Pour the syrup from the bottom of the baking dish into a small saucepan over medium-high heat and reduce by half or until slightly syrupy. Cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine FAGE Total, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger and mix well. Let sit in refrigerator until needed.
- Pour some of the syrup over each apple, top with a dollop of the FAGE Total topping and serve warm.
Quick & Easy
Explore a variety of delicious recipes that are simple to craft and exquisite to taste. With FAGE Total, there’s no telling what you’ll whip up next.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total Greek yogurt recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Breakfast and Brunch
From lazy Sundays to busy Monday mornings, our recipes inspired by FAGE Total are sure to satisfy you on any day of the week.
Embrace the season with flavors and recipes inspired by FAGE Total. From winter soups to summertime salads, enhance any dish with FAGE Total.