Tomato Soup with FAGE Total and Basil
Cold days won’t stand a chance.
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 cups white mushrooms, sliced
10 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
8 tomatoes, diced
2 tsp white dry wine
3 tbsp vinegar
½ cup water
1 bunch fresh basil, finely chopped
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp sweet paprika
1 ¼ cups FAGE Total, FAGE Total 2% or FAGE Total 0%
- TOMATO SOUP: Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a deep pan and sauté the chopped onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and half of the sun-dried tomatoes and sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Then add the diced tomatoes along with the white dry wine, vinegar, ½ cup of water, and half of the chopped basil. Salt and pepper to taste, add the sugar and paprika, then simmer for 40 minutes.
- Transfer the ingredients in a blender, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and blend until smooth.
- FAGE TOTAL SAUCE: In a large mixing bowl, combine the rest of the sun-dried tomatoes, the other half of the chopped basil, the FAGE Total and 2 tablespoons of olive oil, mix well, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup in deep dishes topped with a dollop of the FAGE Total sauce.
Quick & Easy
Explore a variety of delicious recipes that are simple to craft and exquisite to taste. With FAGE Total, there’s no telling what you’ll whip up next.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total Greek yogurt recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Breakfast and Brunch
From lazy Sundays to busy Monday mornings, our recipes inspired by FAGE Total are sure to satisfy you on any day of the week.
Embrace the season with flavors and recipes inspired by FAGE Total. From winter soups to summertime salads, enhance any dish with FAGE Total.