Vassilopita (New Year Cake)
Enjoy this cake each New Year!
12.4 oz FAGE Total Yogurt
8.8 oz butter, very soft
15.9 oz fine granulated sugar
17.6 oz self-raising flour
2 tsp baking soda
Strained juice of 2 oranges
3.9 oz roughly chopped walnuts
5.3 oz golden raisins
1 tbsp grated orange zest
Dark chocolate, roughly grated
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until white.
- Add the butter and the orange zest, mixing continuously.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the orange juice, then add to the mixture with the FAGE Total Yogurt.
- Mix until smooth.
- Fold in the flour.
- Stir in the walnuts and golden raisins gently.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 1 hour.
- Let the cake cool before turning out of the tin.
- To decorate, sift the icing sugar over the cake and randomly place walnuts and chocolate on top.
Quick & Easy
Explore a variety of delicious recipes that are simple to craft and exquisite to taste. With FAGE Total, there’s no telling what you’ll whip up next.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total Greek yogurt recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Breakfast and Brunch
From lazy Sundays to busy Monday mornings, our recipes inspired by FAGE Total are sure to satisfy you on any day of the week.
Embrace the season with flavors and recipes inspired by FAGE Total. From winter soups to summertime salads, enhance any dish with FAGE Total.