New Recipe: Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Rich and buttery, this sour cream coffee cake is velvety smooth and not too sweet. Topped with a nutty pecan cinnamon crumble, you’ll be reaching for a second (or third) piece, for sure!
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup FAGE Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups pecans, chopped
- ½ cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup sugar
- Optional: garnish with raspberries and blackberries
Cook Time: 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a Bundt pan.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one by one to the butter mixture. Add sour cream, vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the butter mixture until well combined.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine pecans, butter, cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
- Add half of the batter mixture to the bottom of the Bundt pan, top with 1/3 of the crumble mixture. Add remaining batter mixture and top with the rest of the crumble mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool before serving.