Carrot and Yogurt Cake
The moistest carrot cake you will ever bake!
1 cup FAGE Total Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup carrot, grated
3/4 cup orange juice
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup golden raisins
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup sunflower oil
3 eggs, beaten
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix the carrots, yogurt, orange juice, sugar, golden raisins, sunflower seeds, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Ιn another bowl, thoroughly mix the flour, wheat germ, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Fold the dry ingredients gradually into the carrot mixture until blended.
- Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 12 in x 7.5 in rectangular cake tin, and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and turn out onto a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool for 2 hours, cut into squares and store in an airtight container.
Quick & Easy
Explore a variety of delicious recipes that are simple to craft and exquisite to taste. With FAGE Total, there’s no telling what you’ll whip up next.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total Greek yogurt recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Breakfast and Brunch
From lazy Sundays to busy Monday mornings, our recipes inspired by FAGE Total are sure to satisfy you on any day of the week.