Coconut-Crusted French Toast with FAGE Total Icing
A breakfast worth getting out of bed for.
6 large eggs
½ cup FAGE Total, FAGE Total 2% or FAGE Total 0%
¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
½ tsp coconut extract
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 cup sliced almonds
Eight ½” thick slices challah or brioche
Softened butter, for cooking
FAGE Total, FAGE Total 2% or FAGE Total 0%
2 cups pineapple chunks
2 mangoes, pitted and diced
- French Toast: In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, FAGE Total, brown sugar, coconut extract, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- On a plate, combine the coconut and sliced almonds. Set aside.
- Dip bread slices into the egg mixture, soaking thoroughly, then coat both sides with coconut mixture. Set aside on a large baking sheet.
- Preheat a griddle or large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Brush with butter so it is completely coated. Cook the French toast until one side is a deep golden brown, 7-8 minutes. Flip and cook until golden brown on the other side. If necessary, turn down the heat to keep the coconut from burning.
- To serve: Place 2 slices French toast on each plate, dust with powdered sugar, top with dollops of FAGE Total, drizzle with maple syrup, and scatter pineapple and mango around the plates.
Quick & Easy
Explore a variety of delicious recipes that are simple to craft and exquisite to taste. With FAGE Total, there’s no telling what you’ll whip up next.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total Greek yogurt recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Breakfast and Brunch
From lazy Sundays to busy Monday mornings, our recipes inspired by FAGE Total are sure to satisfy you on any day of the week.