Croissants with FAGE Total and Blueberry Jam
A delightful start to your day.
3 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 packet (¼ oz.) baker’s yeast
½ cup FAGE Total, FAGE Total 2%, or FAGE Total 0%
¼ cup, 2 tbsp. sugar
1 ½ tsp. salt
2 sticks, 2 tbsp. butter, cubed and softened
1 egg, beaten
Nib sugar for garnish
1 cup blueberry jam
- CROISSANTS: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the flour and baker’s yeast in the bowl of a mixer and add the eggs, FAGE Total, sugar and salt as the blade turns.
- When all the ingredients are combined, remove the blade, mount the dough hook and work the dough for at least 10 minutes or until it’s twisted around the hook.
- Then add the butter, a cube at a time, waiting until each cube is fully absorbed before adding the next.
- Once all the butter has been incorporated, turn the dough out onto a lightly oiled work surface.
- Form a ball by taking an edge at a time and folding inward, then turning it over to close.
- Transfer to a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and leave to rise for around 2 ½ hours.
- When it has doubled in volume, refrigerate the dough for at least 3 hours.
- Next, using a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough until it’s ½ an inch thick, 1 foot long and 1 foot wide.
- Using a pastry wheel, cut in half lengthwise, and then cut each half into triangles with a 3-inch base and 6-inch sides (totaling 18 pieces).
- From the base of each triangle, make a 1-inch cut toward the center.
- Pull the opposite corners outward a bit and roll up the pastry from the base toward the tip to form the classic croissant shape.
- Now, place the croissants on a couple of baking sheets lined with parchment paper and leave to rise for half an hour.
- GLAZE: Glaze with beaten egg, sprinkle with nib sugar and bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes (or until golden brown).
- FILLING: Let the croissants cool, then fill with blueberry jam using a pastry bag with a long, narrow tip (or a heavy freezer bag with a corner cut off). Sprinkle with sugar for garnish.
Quick & Easy
Explore a variety of delicious recipes that are simple to craft and exquisite to taste. With FAGE Total, there’s no telling what you’ll whip up next.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total Greek yogurt recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Breakfast and Brunch
From lazy Sundays to busy Monday mornings, our recipes inspired by FAGE Total are sure to satisfy you on any day of the week.