Crushed Spicy Hummus with FAGE Total and Spiced Baked Pita Chips
An enjoyable snack made better-for-you with FAGE Total Greek Yogurt
1/2 cup FAGE Total 2%
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1 serrano chile, finely diced
4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
30 ounce chickpeas, drained, rinsed well, and drained again
1 dash freshly ground black pepper
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
1 dash Kosher salt
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Few dashes Tabasco sauce
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
FAGE Total Spiced Pita Chips:
3 whole wheat pita, each pita cut into eight triangles
¼ cup FAGE Total 2%
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine 1/2 of the chickpeas, garlic, serrano, lemon juice and zest, FAGE Total, sesame oil, olive oil and Tabasco in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Scrape the mixture into a bowl.
- Add the remaining chickpeas to a separate bowl and coarsely crush with a fork or potato masher.
- Fold the crushed mixture and the parsley into the smooth mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with more chopped parsley.
- Serve with FAGE Total Spiced Pita Chips.
- FAGE Total Spice Pita Chips: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Brush the top of pita chip with FAGE Total. Combine the cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl and divide the salt mixture over the FAGE Total. Arrange the pita on a large baking sheet, FAGE Total side up, and bake until the tops are lightly golden brown and the chips are crisp, about 10 minutes. Move to a baking rack and let cool.
Quick & Easy
Explore a variety of delicious recipes that are simple to craft and exquisite to taste. With FAGE Total, there’s no telling what you’ll whip up next.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total Greek yogurt recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Breakfast and Brunch
From lazy Sundays to busy Monday mornings, our recipes inspired by FAGE Total are sure to satisfy you on any day of the week.