Dark Chocolate Cheesecake with Chocolate Hazelnut Ganache, Toasted Hazelnuts, & Sea Salt
A salty and sweet enjoyable treat
3/4 Cup FAGE Total 2%
24 Ounce cream cheese, softened at room temperature
3 Large eggs
1 Large egg yolk
10 Ounce granulated sugar
1/4 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
10 Ounce 72% dark chocolate, chopped
25 chocolate sandwich cookies
1 Cup hazelnuts
1/4 Cup butter, melted
Chocolate Hazelnut Ganache:
4 Ounce chocolate hazelnut butter
4 Ounce heavy cream
2 Ounce 72% dark chocolate, chopped
1/4 Cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
1 Teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Place chocolate sandwich cookies and hazelnuts in a food processor and pulse until finely ground; add melted butter and process again until well combined and cookie crumbs resemble wet sand.
- Scrape into prepared pan and use fingers to press into the bottom and up the side of the pan, making sure the crust is even.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Place on wire rack to cool. Keep oven temperature.
- Prepare cheesecake filling by placing 10 oz. of chopped chocolate in a double boiler until smooth and creamy. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- In an electric or stand mixer, beat cream cheese and FAGE Total 2% Greek Yogurt until smooth and fluffy.
- Add in sugar and cocoa powder and beat again until smooth, then add in eggs and egg yolks; blending until there is a silky consistency.
- Fold in melted chocolate until well combined.
- Pour chocolate cheesecake filling over the cooled crust and smooth the top with a spatula. Tap a few times to release any air in the batter.
- Bake until center is just set and just appears dry, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Do not worry if the cheesecake cracks while baking; this will be covered with ganache.
- Cool the cheesecake 10 minutes, then run a knife around the crust to loosen it.
- Chill the cheesecake a minimum of 4 hours in fridge, although overnight is best.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Ganache: In a medium saucepan, heat cream over medium-low heat. Add chocolate hazelnut butter and stir until smooth. Add in 2 ounces of chopped dark chocolate and stir until melted. Pour or drizzle over the center of the chocolate cheesecake and spread to outer edges to help cover any cracks.
- Top with toasted hazelnuts and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Serve while ganache is warm or place in refrigerator to cool.
- Cut into 12-16 slices and enjoy!
Additional Notes: Created by Monique Volz, contest winner.
Quick & Easy
Explore a variety of delicious recipes that are simple to craft and exquisite to taste. With FAGE Total, there’s no telling what you’ll whip up next.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total Greek yogurt recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Breakfast and Brunch
From lazy Sundays to busy Monday mornings, our recipes inspired by FAGE Total are sure to satisfy you on any day of the week.