Macaroni and Cheese with FAGE Total® Greek Yogurt
The FAGE Total Greek Yogurt in this Macaroni & Cheese dish adds extra creaminess
8 oz elbow macaroni
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup onion, finely diced
1 cup red pepper, finely diced
1 tsp salt, divided
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup whole milk, warm
1 cup FAGE Total Greek Yogurt, divided
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp tabasco sauce
1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add elbow macaroni and cook for 4 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
- Warm the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 3 minutes. Add red pepper and salt and continue cooking until vegetables soften. Remove from heat and reserve.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 2 quart casserole.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan.
- Add flour, stir and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in warm milk and 1/2 cup of FAGE Total, whisking constantly to keep smooth.
- Add nutmeg.
- Bring to a low simmer and remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 1/4 cups of cheddar cheese.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup of FAGE Total and tabasco.
- Combine macaroni, onion mix and cheese sauce and transfer to prepared casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Combine remaining cheddar cheese, feta and bread crumbs. Remove casserole from oven and top with crumb/cheese mix. Return to oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
Additional Notes: Recipe created by Edward Magel on behalf of FAGE Total Greek Yogurt. Photo by Yder Laya.
Quick & Easy
Explore a variety of delicious recipes that are simple to craft and exquisite to taste. With FAGE Total, there’s no telling what you’ll whip up next.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total Greek yogurt recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Breakfast and Brunch
From lazy Sundays to busy Monday mornings, our recipes inspired by FAGE Total are sure to satisfy you on any day of the week.