Fillet of Beef with Stroganoff Cream
This variation of a classic is quick & easy to prepare
3 tbsp canola oil
4 fillet mignon steaks (8 ounces each)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
12 ounces button mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 shallots, finely diced
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp flour
1/4 cup brandy
2 cup beef or chicken broth
2 tsp sweet paprika, plus more for garnish
4 gherkin pickles, finely diced
1/2 cup FAGE Total Greek Yogurt
1/2 lb noodles, cooked and drained
3 tbsp chopped fresh flat parsley leaves, plus more for garnish
- Heat 2 tablespoons of of the oil in a large high sided sauté pan over high heat until it begins to shimmer.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper on both sides and cook until golden brown on both sides and cooked to medium-rare doneness, 3 ½ - 4 minutes per side.
- Remove the steaks to a large plate, and tent with foil.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan and heat until it begins to shimmer.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until golden brown and liquid has evaporated, about 8 minutes.
- Add the shallot and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the brandy.
- Return the pan to the heat and cook until the brandy is completely reduced.
- Add the broth and paprika, bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in ¼ cup of the yogurt, pickles and parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the noodles to the sauce and toss to coat.
- Divide the noodles among four plates and top with a fillet.
- Top each fillet with the remaining yogurt (1 tablespoon per fillet) and sprinkle with more paprika and chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Quick & Easy
Explore a variety of delicious recipes that are simple to craft and exquisite to taste. With FAGE Total, there’s no telling what you’ll whip up next.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total Greek yogurt recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Breakfast and Brunch
From lazy Sundays to busy Monday mornings, our recipes inspired by FAGE Total are sure to satisfy you on any day of the week.