Four Cheese Italian Macaroni and Cheese Cups
A muffin sized serving of delicious Macaroni and Cheese
2/3 Cup FAGE Total 2%
4 Tablespoon finely shredded parmesan cheese, divided
2 Tablespoon panko
2 Teaspoon minced fresh thyme, divided
2 Teaspoon butter, melted
6 Ounce elbow macaroni
1 Tablespoon olive oil
6 Ounce hot Italian sausage, casing removed
2 Tablespoon minced onion
2 Teaspoon butter
1 Teaspoon minced garlic
4 Ounce shredded mozzarella cheese
3 Ounce shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
2 Ounce shredded fontina cheese
1/4 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 Teaspoon lemon juice
4 Ounce grape tomatoes, diced
2 Teaspoon chopped Greek peppers, seeds removed
1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Using a standard muffin tin, spray 6 of the muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, place 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, the panko, 1 teaspoon thyme and the melted butter. Mix to combine; set aside.
- Bring 2-3 quarts of water to a rolling boil over high heat, add in the macaroni and salt to taste, and cook according to package directions; drain; set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in the Italian sausage and onion and cook until sausage is no longer pink, approximately 5 minutes, being sure to break up into small pieces as it cooks; drain; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add in the garlic, cook for 1 minute. Add in the yogurt, stir to combine; add in the remaining 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese and fontina cheese and stir until melted.
- Add in the nutmeg, lemon juice, remaining 1 teaspoon thyme, stir to fully combine and until cheese sauce is smooth; remove from heat (mixture will be very thick).
- Add in the reserved macaroni, reserved Italian sausage, the tomatoes, Greek peppers, salt and pepper and mix to fully combine.
- Transfer macaroni and cheese into the prepared 6 muffin cups, packing mac and cheese firmly and slightly over the top of the muffin cup.
- Sprinkle with reserved panko mixture.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes, until heated through and golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let sit for 5 minutes to set.
Additional Notes: Created by Debbie Reid, contest winner.
Quick & Easy
Explore a variety of delicious recipes that are simple to craft and exquisite to taste. With FAGE Total, there’s no telling what you’ll whip up next.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total Greek yogurt recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Breakfast and Brunch
From lazy Sundays to busy Monday mornings, our recipes inspired by FAGE Total are sure to satisfy you on any day of the week.