Rosemary Lamb in Filo Pastry
Lovely to serve as a meal, or cut into slices for an appetizer
4 tbsp oil
2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
5.3 oz fresh spinach, stalks removed
Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
2 tbsp FAGE Total Yogurt
4 lamb fillets, approx. 150g each
3 or 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
Salt and freshly ground pepper
8 sheets filo pastry
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Cook shallots in oil until translucent, add spinach and nutmeg and cook for 2 – 3 minutes until spinach wilts.
- Remove from the heat and add FAGE Total Yogurt.
- Puree in a blender, or chop finely, and leave to cool.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan, add lamb, rosemary and seasoning, and cook for 2 – 3 minutes on each side until browned.
- Drain on kitchen paper and leave to cool.
- Use two sheets of filo pastry for each lamb fillet.
- Lay the first sheet out flat on a baking sheet and brush with a little oil, place second sheet on top and brush with oil.
- Spoon the spinach mixture into each slash and spread along the whole of the meat.
- Wrap the filo round the lamb and fold under the edges to make a parcel.
- Repeat for each remaining piece of meat.
- Bake for 15 minutes, garnish with rosemary and serve.
Quick & Easy
Explore a variety of delicious recipes that are simple to craft and exquisite to taste. With FAGE Total, there’s no telling what you’ll whip up next.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total Greek yogurt recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Breakfast and Brunch
From lazy Sundays to busy Monday mornings, our recipes inspired by FAGE Total are sure to satisfy you on any day of the week.