Vegetable Stuffed Cannelloni with FAGE Total
An Italian classic with a twist.
4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 green onion, chopped
1 zucchini, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 eggplant, diced
1 cup button mushrooms, chopped
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
3 sprigs thyme
1¼ cups FAGE Total, FAGE Total 2%, or FAGE Total 0%
¼ cup breadcrumbs
½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (or Grana Padano)
Salt to taste
1 garlic clove, crushed
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 (28-oz) can tomato purée
Salt to taste
8 basil leaves (torn, not chopped)
1 (250g) package fresh cannelloni, uncooked
¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (or Grana Padano)
- VEGETABLE FILLING: Pour the olive oil into a large pan. Add the chopped green onion and sauté on a very low heat, until brown and tender. Add the diced eggplant, green pepper and zucchini, and the chopped mushrooms and cook over a high flame until they’re done but still crisp. Add salt, pepper and thyme leaves. Leave to cool.
- Once tomato sauce is made, mix the vegetables into the FAGE Total, adding the breadcrumbs, cheese and a pinch more salt if desired.
- TOMATO SAUCE: In a small saucepan, sauté the crushed garlic in the olive oil, then add the tomato purée and leave to simmer for 10–15 minutes. Remove from heat, add salt to taste and add the torn basil leaves.
- STUFFED CANNELLONI: Put the vegetable filling in a pastry bag (or heavy freezer bag with one corner cut off) and fill the cannelloni. Take an 8x10-inch baking pan, coat with a couple of spoonfuls of olive oil and a thin layer of tomato sauce and arrange the first layer of cannelloni, then cover with tomato sauce and a little of the grated cheese. Add a second layer of cannelloni and fully cover with the remaining sauce and grated cheese. Cook in the oven at 350°F for around 30 minutes.
- Garnish with cheese and thyme to taste.
Quick & Easy
Explore a variety of delicious recipes that are simple to craft and exquisite to taste. With FAGE Total, there’s no telling what you’ll whip up next.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total Greek yogurt recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Breakfast and Brunch
From lazy Sundays to busy Monday mornings, our recipes inspired by FAGE Total are sure to satisfy you on any day of the week.