Yiayia’s Pelargonium-Scented Yogurt Cake
A traditional Greek cake
1 lb flour
7.9 oz soft butter
7.9 oz sugar
7.9 oz FAGE Total Yogurt
4 eggs, separated
A handful of skinned almonds
2 level tsp baking powder
Half a level tsp bicarbonate of soda
Half a tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease a cake tin, and put 3 or 4 rose- or orange-scented pelargonium leaves on the base.
- Sieve together the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
- Beat the butter very well and, still beating, gradually add the sugar, followed by the vanilla extract.
- Then, add the egg yolks one by one, beating each one in thoroughly before adding the next, continuing until the mixture is shiny – about 3 minutes or so. Stir in the yogurt, followed by the flour mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks, and then fold gently into the mixture with a metal spoon.
- Put into the cake tin and sprinkle the almonds on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a metal skewer pushed into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Quick & Easy
Explore a variety of delicious recipes that are simple to craft and exquisite to taste. With FAGE Total, there’s no telling what you’ll whip up next.
celebrate the art of food
Try your hand at a FAGE Total Greek yogurt recipe that’s inspired by Greek and Italian culinary creativity. Beautiful has never tasted so delicious…
Breakfast and Brunch
From lazy Sundays to busy Monday mornings, our recipes inspired by FAGE Total are sure to satisfy you on any day of the week.