Athenian Spiced Arni with Eggplant Caviar
4 leg-of-lamb steaks
17.6 oz FAGE Total 5%
4 tbsp cumin
1 bunch cilantro
2 large eggplants, diced
3.4 fl oz white wine vinegar
2 oz brown sugar
17.6 oz thick chicken stock
1 oz diced shallots
Salt and pepper
Greek Olive Oil
- Empty the FAGE Total Yogurt into a bowl and mix in 90% of the cumin.
- Chop the cilantro and add 50% to the yogurt marinade.
- Pour the yogurt marinade over the lamb steak and leave to marinate for 12 hours.
- Gently fry the eggplant in a little olive oil until soft and translucent.
- Add the vinegar and sugar and reduce slowly.
- When the eggplant has reduced to a sticky compote, season to taste.
- For the sauce, sauté the diced shallots with the remaining cumin and add the chicken stock.
- Reduce by ¾ then whisk in the remaining yogurt marinade from around the marinated lamb.
- Pan fry the lamb steaks until golden brown and slice.
To serve, arrange the eggplant caviar in the center of plate and place the lamb over it. Drizzle sauce over and around.
<br> <br>Additional Notes: Chef's Tip: This dish can be made with skinless chicken supreme and will be just as good.