Beer Soaked Steak Nachos
For the Steak:
2 round steaks
1 bottle of beer
For the Spicy BBQ Beans:
1/4 cup chorizo sausage
chopped 1 small red onion,
sliced 2 garlic cloves,
crushed 1/4 red chili,
chopped 1 can baked beans
1/3 cup beef stock or water
For the Dressing:
1 fresh lime
1 bunch cilantro also known as coriander
1 cup FAGE Total 0%
Salt and pepper
Additional Items: Tortilla chips 1/4 cup cheddar, grated (optional)
Marinate the steaks in the beer for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, gently fry the chorizo, onion, garlic and chili.
- Add the beans and stock to the frying pan and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Juice and zest lime in a separate bowl.
- Chop half the cilantro and mix with FAGE Total 0% Greek Yogurt and lime.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Place the tortilla chips in an oval dish and warm through in the oven.
- Fry the steaks to your liking and leave to rest.
- Pour the beans into the middle of the tortilla chips. Slice the steak and place on top.
- Garnish with yogurt dressing and the rest of the cilantro.
Sprinkle with grated cheese (optional) and share.
<br> <br>Additional Notes:Marinated beef steak adds something special to this traditional nachos dish. The cilantro and lime Greek yogurt add a cooling finish to the fiery chorizo and chilis.