Butternut Squash and Ricotta Cheesecake
For the Base:
8.8 oz ginger nut biscuits
4.4 oz butter, melted
½ tsp cinnamon
17.6 oz butternut squash, with skin on and cut in 1-in cubes
4.4 oz Ricotta 4.4 oz cream cheese
17.6 oz FAGE Total 5%
2 tbsp lemon juice
3.5 oz fine granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Roast the butternut squash for 30 minutes until tender, but not colored.
- When cold enough to handle, scoop out the flesh and mash it with a fork to make a puree.
- The puree needs to be as dry as possible.
- Line a 9-in loose-based tin with a double layer of foil (your tin needs to be waterproof) and baking parchment.
- For the base: Puree biscuits in a processor, add cinnamon and melted butter.
- Puree again then press the biscuit mixture in the double-lined tin to create an even base.
- For the filling: Puree 4.4 oz FAGE Total Yogurt, butternut squash, ricotta, and cream cheese in the processor.
- Add the eggs, sugar and the lemon juice.
- Pour the mixture in the tin.
- To bake: Place the tin into a roasting tray and half-fill the tray with water.
- Bake for 1¾ hours, or until the filling has set with only a small amount of wobble left at its center.
- Take the tin out of the water bath and sit it on a cooling rack.
- When it is cool enough, put the cheesecake in the refrigerator overnight.
- To serve: Remove the tin foil and baking parchment.
- Cut into slices and serve with a big dollop of FAGE Total Yogurt.