Carrot Ginger Cake with Greek Yogurt Frosting
An upgrade on a traditional carrot cake.
1½ cups all-purpose flour
⅓ cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cardamom
1 tsp fine sea salt
½ tsp cardamom
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 cup FAGE Total 5%, FAGE Total 2% or FAGE Total 0%
1 cup grated carrots
½ cup orange juice
½ cup brown sugar
3 large eggs, beaten
¼ cup olive oil
½ tsp vanilla
½ cup finely chopped candied ginger
⅓ cup golden raisins
6 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
1½ cups powdered sugar
½ cup FAGE Total 5%, FAGE Total 2% or FAGE Total 0%
4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
2 tsp vanilla
½ cup finely chopped toasted pistachios
- Cake: Preheat oven to 350℉. Spray a 9” square baking pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- Ιn a medium bowl whisk together flour, whole wheat flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, cardamom, and nutmeg.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk to combine FAGE Total, carrots, orange juice, brown sugar, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Fold dry ingredients into the carrot mixture until blended. Fold in ginger and raisins.
- Scrape batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely, about 2 hours.
- Frosting: In a food processor combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, FAGE Total, butter, and vanilla. Pulse until very smooth.
- Garnish: Spread frosting over cooled cake, sprinkle with pistachios, cut into squares, and serve or cover and refrigerate.