Coconut-Crusted French Toast with FAGE Total Icing
6 large eggs
½ cup FAGE Total 5%, 2%, or 0%
¼ cup packed dark brown sugar
½ tsp coconut extract
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 cup sliced almonds
Eight ½” thick slices challah or brioche
Softened butter, for cooking
FAGE Total 5%, 2%, or 0%
2 cups pineapple chunks
2 mangoes, pitted and diced
- French Toast: In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, FAGE Total, brown sugar, coconut extract, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- On a plate, combine the coconut and sliced almonds. Set aside.
- Dip bread slices into the egg mixture, soaking thoroughly, then coat both sides with coconut mixture. Set aside on a large baking sheet.
- Preheat a griddle or large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Brush with butter so it is completely coated. Cook the French toast until one side is a deep golden brown, 7-8 minutes. Flip and cook until golden brown on the other side. If necessary, turn down the heat to keep the coconut from burning.
- To serve: Place 2 slices French toast on each plate, dust with powdered sugar, top with dollops of FAGE Total, drizzle with maple syrup, and scatter pineapple and mango around the plates.