Coffee-Vanilla Chip Flan with FAGE Total
1 cup strongly brewed coffee
½ cup granulated sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 packet unflavored gelatin (2¼ tsp)
2 cups low-fat (1%) milk
1⅔ cups FAGE Total 2%
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 ounce bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
Optional: ⅓ cup of granulated sugar
- Coffee Caramel
- 1. Combine the coffee, sugar and vanilla extract in a small saucepan over high heat, bring to a boil and cook until thickened and reduced to about ½ cup. Let cool to room temperature (it will get thicker).
- 2. Spray six 6-ounce ramekins with nonstick spray. Pour equal amounts coffee caramel into each ramekin, allowing the mixture to cover the bottom of the container.
1. Combine gelatin and milk in a small saucepan, bring to a simmer and cook for about 2 minutes until thick. Remove from the heat and let cool. <br>
2. Whisk together the FAGE Total and vanilla extact in a medium bowl, add the cooled milk mixture and gently whisk until combined. Strain the mixture through a mesh strainer into a pitcher, stir in the chocolate. Divide the mixture among the ramekins, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. <br>
3. To serve: Fill a small bowl halfway with warm water. Run a small Perry knife between the flan and sides of ramekins to loosen. Invert a small plate over each, hold plate and ramekin together and give a firm shake to release, easing the flan out with a spatula if needed.