Cornish Curry Sauce
2 oz butter
10 ml olive oil
2 large, finely chopped onions
1 finely chopped clove garlic
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp flour
8.8 oz FAGE Total 5%
1 tbsp tomato puree
½ tsp each ground ginger and cinnamon
1 tsp sweet pickle or chutney
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp granulated sugar
0.6 fl oz stock or water
1 tsp salt
- Heat oil and butter in pan until sizzling.
- Add onions and garlic and fry gently until pale gold.
- Stir in curry powder, flour and add yogurt and cloves.
- Add puree, ginger, cinnamon, pickle, lemon juice and sugar.
- Gradually blend in stock or water, stirring, and slowly bring to boil.
- Lower heat, season with salt and cover pan.
Simmer slowly for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
<br> <br>This sauce may be strained and reheated before use.