Cranberry-Orange Scones with FAGE Total
2 cups of flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp kosher salt
1/3 cup of granulated sugar
1 cup FAGE Total 5%, 2%, or 0%
1 egg, lightly beaten
¼ cup butter, melted
2 tsp orange zest
½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined well.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine sugar, FAGE Total, egg, butter and orange zest. Whisk until combined well.
- Pour the yogurt mixture into the large bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until almost combined. Fold the cranberries into the mixture. Do not overmix. Set dough aside.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface, then shape the dough into an approximately 9-inch circle. Gently flatten the top so the entire circle is about the same thickness.
- Using a large chef’s knife or bench scraper, divide dough into 8 wedges. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 15 to 18 minutes at 400 degrees or until scones are golden brown. Insert a wooden toothpick into the center of a scone. If toothpick comes out clean, scones are done baking.