Dark Chocolate Cheesecake with Chocolate Hazelnut Ganache, Toasted Hazelnuts, & Sea Salt
3/4 Cup FAGE Total 2%
24 Ounce cream cheese, softened at room temperature
3 Large eggs
1 Large egg yolk
10 Ounce granulated sugar
1/4 Cup unsweetened cocoa powder
10 Ounce 72% dark chocolate, chopped
25 chocolate sandwich cookies
1 Cup hazelnuts
1/4 Cup butter, melted
Chocolate Hazelnut Ganache:
4 Ounce chocolate hazelnut butter
4 Ounce heavy cream
2 Ounce 72% dark chocolate, chopped
1/4 Cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
1 Teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Place chocolate sandwich cookies and hazelnuts in a food processor and pulse until finely ground; add melted butter and process again until well combined and cookie crumbs resemble wet sand.
- Scrape into prepared pan and use fingers to press into the bottom and up the side of the pan, making sure the crust is even.
- Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Place on wire rack to cool. Keep oven temperature.
- Prepare cheesecake filling by placing 10 oz. of chopped chocolate in a double boiler until smooth and creamy. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- In an electric or stand mixer, beat cream cheese and FAGE Total 2% Greek Yogurt until smooth and fluffy.
- Add in sugar and cocoa powder and beat again until smooth, then add in eggs and egg yolks; blending until there is a silky consistency.
- Fold in melted chocolate until well combined.
- Pour chocolate cheesecake filling over the cooled crust and smooth the top with a spatula. Tap a few times to release any air in the batter.
- Bake until center is just set and just appears dry, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Do not worry if the cheesecake cracks while baking; this will be covered with ganache.
- Cool the cheesecake 10 minutes, then run a knife around the crust to loosen it.
- Chill the cheesecake a minimum of 4 hours in fridge, although overnight is best.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Ganache: In a medium saucepan, heat cream over medium-low heat. Add chocolate hazelnut butter and stir until smooth. Add in 2 ounces of chopped dark chocolate and stir until melted. Pour or drizzle over the center of the chocolate cheesecake and spread to outer edges to help cover any cracks.
- Top with toasted hazelnuts and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Serve while ganache is warm or place in refrigerator to cool.
Cut into 12-16 slices and enjoy!
<br> <br>Additional Notes: Created by Monique Volz, contest winner.