Espresso and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
1 tbsp Espresso or Instant Coffee Granules
2 tbsp boiling water
2-3 tbsp golden syrup to taste
2 oz plain chocolate, finely chopped into even-sized pieces
17.6 oz FAGE Total 5%
¼ pint double cream
- Set freezer to the lowest setting or switch on the ice cream maker.
- Dissolve the coffee granules in the boiling water, stir in golden syrup to taste and leave to cool.
- Stir the chocolate into the yogurt, cream and coffee syrup.
- Put the mixture either into a freezer-proof container or in the ice cream maker (follow manufacturer’s instructions).
- When the ice cream is half frozen, beat well, then re-freeze until firm.
- Allow to soften a little by removing from freezer 10 – 20 minutes before eating.