FAGE Total Yogurt and Lemon Tart
1 cup fine sugar
Grated zest of 2 lemons
Juice of 3 lemons
3/4 cup FAGE Total 5%
1 sweet pastry shop bought flan case
- Line the pastry case with grease-proof paper and fill with enough dry baking beans or lentils (or indeed any dry pulses) to ensure the sides as well as the bottom are weighted.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F. Remove the beans and grease proof paper, trimming any over-hanging pastry, then return the flan case to the oven and continue baking for 10 minutes.
- To make the lemon filling, whisk the eggs, fine sugar and lemon zest in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in the lemon juice then add FAGE Total. Continue to whisk until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 250 degrees F. Pour the filling into the hot pastry case (this will ensure the case is sealed). Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and leave to cool and set for about an hour.
- When ready to serve, preheat the oven to very hot. Sift confectioner’s sugar over the top of the tart and place under the grill to caramelize the sugar to a light golden brown.