Fig Tart with FAGE Total
Pie crust, store-bought or homemade
17.6-oz container FAGE Total 5%, 2%, or 0%
1 vanilla bean
2 tbsp honey, plus more to taste
4 fresh black figs
- Prebake the pie crust in a 9- or 10-inch tart pan according to directions, then cool to room temperature for approximately 5 to 10 minutes.
- Strain the FAGE Total overnight in a colander lined with cheesecloth. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before mixing in remaining ingredients.
- Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean and add them to the yogurt. Add 1 tbsp of honey and stir.
- Fill the tart crust with the yogurt mixture and spread evenly. Arrange the fresh figs in a decorative manner over the top.
- Heat the remaining honey in the microwave for approximately 5 to 10 seconds, or until thin, and brush over the figs.
- Place in refrigerator and chill for an hour. Remove 10 minutes before serving.