Frittata alla Carbonara with FAGE Total
8 oz spaghetti, cooked and drained
2 slices pancetta, ¼ inch thick, diced
½ cup FAGE Total 5% or 2%
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
¼ cup Romano cheese, grated
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook and drain the spaghetti according to the package directions.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a large, nonstick oven-safe skillet, cook the pancetta over medium heat until fat is rendered and crisp, approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove pancetta with a slotted spoon and set aside. Drain off all but 1 tablespoon of the rendered fat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, FAGE Total, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, parsley and black pepper until thoroughly combined. Add in the spaghetti and pancetta and mix until evenly combined.
- Sprinkle the top of frittata with the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and place in the oven under broil. Bake until the frittata is puffy and golden brown, approximately 5 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes then transfer to a cutting board and slice into individual servings. Can be served either hot or room temperature.