Gingersnap Peach Frozen Yogurt Sandwiches
Homemade peach frozen yogurt and fresh baked gingersnap cookies are scrumptious on their own, but combined – wow – they are the perfect ingredients of a delicious frosty dessert. Whip these up and leave them in the freezer for easy summer snacking.
2 cups flour
1 ½ tablespoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup shortening
1 cup sugar
¼ cup dark molasses
1/3 cup cinnamon sugar
Peach Frozen Yogurt
4 cups FAGE Total 0%
4 cups fresh peaches, pitted and chopped
2/3 cup agave
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Gingersnap Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F.
- Combine the flour, ground ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In another mixing bowl, beat shortening at medium speed until creamy and slowly add sugar. Add egg and molasses and beat for an additional minute. Add dry ingredients to the shortening mixture in 2 batches and mix until dough forms.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the dough and using your hands form a 1-inch ball. Roll each ball into cinnamon sugar mixture and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are slightly cracked. Cool cookies completely on a wire rack.
- Peach Frozen Yogurt
- Place peaches in food processor and blend to a chunky-smooth consistency.
- In a large mixing bowl combine yogurt, peaches, agave, and vanilla. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, whip yogurt, agave, and vanilla together with an electric mixer and then add peaches and freeze.
- Scoop frozen peach yogurt mixture between 2 gingersnap cookies and place back into a freezer to firm up. Keep in freezer until ready to serve.