Kale Caesar Salad with FAGE Total Caesar Dressing
A twist on your favorite Caesar salad.
Four ¾” thick slices sourdough bread
¼ cup olive oil
½ tsp fine sea salt
1 cup FAGE Total 5%, FAGE Total 2%, or FAGE Total 0%
4 anchovy fillets
½ cup (2 oz) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 tbsp water
Fine sea salt
1 bunch lacinato (dinosaur) kale, ribs removed
3 red radishes, very thinly sliced
1 medium, ripe avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
2 tbsp toasted pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp minced chives
- Croutons: Preheat oven to 400℉. Remove crusts from bread and discard. Tear bread into rough 1” chunks.
- In a medium bowl toss bread with oil and salt, then spread out on a baking sheet. Bake, stirring every 5 minutes, until bread is evenly toasted, 15-20 minutes. Let cool.
- Caesar Dressing: In a food processor combine FAGE Total, anchovies, Parmesan, lemon juice, and garlic and process to a smooth paste. Add the water and pulse until smooth. Add salt to taste.
- Caesar Salad: Shred kale into ½” wide ribbons and place in a large bowl with radishes. Add dressing to taste and toss to coat evenly.
- Divide salad between plates and top with croutons and avocado. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and chives. Serve immediately.