Quiche with Asparagus, Leeks and FAGE Total
1 store-bought pie crust or your favorite home-made crust
1 tbsp butter
1 medium leek, chopped
1 cup asparagus, sliced diagonally
1 cup FAGE Total 5% or 2%
½ cup half and half
3 large eggs
1 cup Gruyère cheese, grated
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp fresh, cracked black pepper
- Blind-bake pie crust according to package instructions or until golden brown.
- Adjust oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- In a sauté pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook until leeks start to wilt, approximately 2–3 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and cook for two more minutes, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the FAGE Total, half and half, and eggs until thoroughly combined. Add the Gruyère cheese, leek mixture, and salt and pepper, stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture in the prepared crust and bake until almost set in the center, about 25–35 minutes. Allow to cool 15 minutes before serving.