Roast Shoulder of Spiced English Lamb
1 boned shoulder of English Lamb, or leg, if you prefer
A little olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper.
For the marinade:
1 1/8 cup FAGE Total 5%
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1 tsp dried chili flakes
¼ tsp ground ginger
2 tsp rosemary, chopped
- Beat all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl with a spoon for 4 minutes.
- Place the lamb on board and season well.
- Rub the lamb all over with the yogurt marinade – really work it into both sides.
- Place in a freezer bag with any remaining yogurt marinade and refrigerate for up to 12 hours.
- To Cook: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and heat olive oil in a roasting tray.
- Seal the lamb and roast in oven for up to 2 ½ hours, depending on how you like your meat cooked.
Additional Notes: FAGE Total Yogurt helps to tenderize the meat, add flavor and can be used on cheap cuts of meat. That’s why I have used shoulder in this recipe, not leg that is more expensive.
<br> <br>Serving suggestion: During the summer, reduce cooking time by 30 minutes and finish off on your BBQ. Serve with a Greek salad and new potatoes.