Strawberry Shortcake Drop Biscuits with Greek Yogurt
Light, fluffy, buttery, flakey and just plain good.
For the Biscuits:
1¾ cups all-purpose flour
3 tbsp sugar, divided
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp cardamom
½ tsp fine sea salt
6 tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
½ cup FAGE Total 5%, FAGE Total 2% or FAGE Total 0%
2 tsp vanilla
1 quart strawberries, hulled and sliced
1 tbsp sugar
For Honey-Yogurt Cream:
1 cup FAGE Total 5%, FAGE Total 2% or FAGE Total 0%
1 tbsp honey
- Biscuits: Preheat the oven to 450℉. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, 2 tbsp sugar, baking powder, cardamom, and salt. Add butter and cut in with a pastry blender or your fingers until butter pieces are the size of small peas and the mixture is crumbly.
- In a small bowl whisk together FAGE Total, ½ cup water, and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Drop large spoonfuls of dough onto baking sheet, spacing them 2” apart. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tbsp sugar and bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes.
- Strawberries: In a medium bowl toss strawberries with sugar and let sit, stirring occasionally, until juicy.
- Honey-Yogurt Cream: In a medium bowl whisk FAGE Total with honey to combine.
- To serve, split biscuits in half and top with strawberries and yogurt cream. Serve immediately.
- Store any leftover biscuits in an airtight container at room temperature. Refrigerate any leftover strawberries and yogurt cream in airtight containers.