Tomato Soup with FAGE Total and Basil
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 cups white mushrooms, sliced
10 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
8 tomatoes, diced
2 tsp white dry wine
3 tbsp vinegar
½ cup water
1 bunch fresh basil, finely chopped
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp sweet paprika
1 ¼ cups FAGE Total 5%, 2%, or 0%
- TOMATO SOUP: Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a deep pan and sauté the chopped onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and half of the sun-dried tomatoes and sauté for 3 more minutes.
- Then add the diced tomatoes along with the white dry wine, vinegar, ½ cup of water, and half of the chopped basil. Salt and pepper to taste, add the sugar and paprika, then simmer for 40 minutes.
- Transfer the ingredients in a blender, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and blend until smooth.
- FAGE TOTAL SAUCE: In a large mixing bowl, combine the rest of the sun-dried tomatoes, the other half of the chopped basil, the FAGE Total and 2 tablespoons of olive oil, mix well, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup in deep dishes topped with a dollop of the FAGE Total sauce.