Vassilopita (New Year Cake)
12.4 oz FAGE Total 5%
8.8 oz butter, very soft
15.9 oz fine granulated sugar
17.6 oz self-raising flour
2 tsp baking soda
Strained juice of 2 oranges
3.9 oz roughly chopped walnuts
5.3 oz golden raisins
1 tbsp grated orange zest
Dark chocolate, roughly grated
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until white.
- Add the butter and the orange zest, mixing continuously.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the orange juice, then add to the mixture with the FAGE Total Yogurt.
- Mix until smooth.
- Fold in the flour.
- Stir in the walnuts and golden raisins gently.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 1 hour.
- Let the cake cool before turning out of the tin.
- To decorate, sift the icing sugar over the cake and randomly place walnuts and chocolate on top.