Vodka Sauce with FAGE Total
1 medium shallot, minced
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ cup vodka
28 oz can high-quality tomato puree
¼ tsp red chili flakes
¾ cup FAGE Total 5%, 2%, or 0%
¼ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
¼ cup fresh basil, sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
1 package of pasta, any type
- In a medium sauce pot, sauté the shallots in butter over medium heat until translucent, approximately 4–5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, approximately 30 seconds.
- Add the vodka and cook for one minute.
- Add the tomato puree and chili flakes, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add FAGE Total and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Stir until combined. Add the basil and season with salt and pepper. Serve over your favorite pasta.