Zucchini-Cheddar Fritters with Greek Yogurt Herb Sauce
Crispy yet tender and make a great snack or side dish.
1 large zucchini, grated on the large holes of a box grater
1 leek, halved lengthwise, washed, and thinly sliced
½ cup grated white Cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
½ cup dry bread crumbs or panko
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 egg beaten
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
½ tsp fine sea salt
¼ tsp black pepper
2 tbsp preferred vegetable oil
For Yogurt Sauce:
½ cup FAGE Total 5%, FAGE Total 2% or FAGE Total 0%
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup packed chopped cilantro
2 green onions, finely chopped
2 tbsp minced chives
2 tbsp minced parsley
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp fine sea salt
1 garlic clove, chopped
- Fritters: Place zucchini in a thin kitchen towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- Transfer zucchini to a large bowl. Add leek, Cheddar, bread crumbs, cilantro, egg, jalapeño, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium. Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, portion zucchini mixture and place in skillet, flattening the mixture slightly into cakes. Fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes, then flip and brown the second side, about 2 minutes more. Transfer to a rack set over a baking sheet and fry remaining fritters.
- Yogurt Sauce: In a blender combine FAGE Total, oil, cilantro, green onion, chives, parsley, lemon juice, salt, and garlic and blend until smooth.
- Serve fritters warm with yogurt sauce.