Zucchini Fritters with FAGE Total Greek Yogurt
2/3 cup FAGE Total 5%
1 1/2 small shallots, peeled and finely chopped
2 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 green chili, very finely chopped (use more if you like it hot)
1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs, made homemade bread
1 egg beaten
1/4 cup strong farmhouse cheddar cheese, grated
1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
¼ tsp cooking salt
Freshly milled black pepper
- Grate the zucchini and squeeze the moisture out by hand.
- Place in a large bowl.Chop and fry the shallots and spring onions in hot oil until translucent.
- Add the green chili and remove from heat.Add the shallots, spring onion and chili to the zucchini and then add the bread crumbs, beaten egg, cheddar cheese, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Mix well with a fork. Form into patties with your hands, flattening slightly.
- Fry patties in olive oil in a nonstick frying pan on medium heat, turning a couple of times until cooked through, golden and slightly crisp on the outside.