New Recipe: French Onion Soup Dip with FAGE Sour Cream
Chef Michael Ferraro masterfully maxes out classic comfort foods, so who else would we turn to for a perfect onion dip recipe? The key? Quadruple the alliums by folding together deeply caramelized onions, garlic, fresh chives, and shallots into a super thick and rich FAGE Sour Cream base.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- Leaves from 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups FAGE Sour Cream
- 1 cup shredded gruyère cheese (4oz)
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup finely chopped chives
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Kettle-cooked potato chips (for serving)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic, and thyme, stirring occasionally, until onion is deep golden brown and very soft, 35–40 minutes. If needed, turn down heat to prevent onions from burning.
- Add stock, increase heat to bring stock to a simmer, and reduce until only 1 tablespoon stock is left. Stir in butter and chill.
- Once cool, in a medium bowl mix caramelized onions, sour cream, cheese, shallot, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Let sit 30 minutes to let flavors meld. Serve with potato chips for dipping.
This recipe was created with our partner ChefsFeed.