Effective March 2011 (Last Updated February 2022)
If you are a resident of California, click here to view our California Privacy Notice
If you are a resident of Nevada, click here to view our Nevada Privacy Notice
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT.
FAGE collects personal information from you and about you. Here are some examples of the personal information we may collect:
- Contact information. For example, we might collect your name and address. We might also collect your phone number or email address.
- Social Media Information. We may collect personal information you post on our social media pages. We may also collect your social media profile information and personal information posted on your page.
- Commercial Information. We may collect personal information that could identify you and relates to the products in which you are interested or have considered. We may also collect personal information about your consuming history or tendencies.
- Professional Information. If you are a retailer, distributor, or sales representative, we may collect information about your job or company. We may also collect information about any products or services you offer.
- Information you submit or post. We may collect the information you post in a public space on our site, or when you otherwise interact with us. We may also collect information when you contact us.
- Demographic information. We may collect information like your gender and age. We may also collect your zip code. We might collect this when you contact us or enter a promotion.
- Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Platform. We may also collect your browser information, device identifier, IP address or operating system type.
- Location Information. For example, we may collect information about the city or state where you are located. We may also collect geographic information based on your IP address.
- Internet Information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using or your browsing or search history. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. We may also collect information about how you interact with an advertisement.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
FAGE collects your personal information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your personal information.
- We collect information directly from you. For example, when you:
- Enter a promotion or contest.
- Contact us.
- Complete a survey.
- Engage with our customer service team.
- Engage with our sales.
- Interact with our social media pages.
- Otherwise interact with us.
- We collect information from you passively. We use tracking tools like browser cookies, flash cookies and web beacons. We collect information about users over time when you use this site. We may have third parties collect personal information this way. Learn more about these tools and how you can control them, here.
- We get information about you from third parties. For example, our business partners may give us information about you. Social media platforms may also give us information about you. We may also receive your information if you submit an inquiry or request to a distributor or retailer regarding one of our products.
- We may combine information about you. For example, we may combine personal information that we collect offline with personal information we collect through our website. We may also combine personal information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our website. We may also combine personal information we get from third parties with information we already have about you.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Examples of how we may use your personal information include:
- We use information to respond to your inquiries. For example, we might use your information to respond to your feedback or inquiries. We may use your information to notify you if you win a contest or when you enter a promotion.
- We use information to improve our products and services. We may use your information to make our website and products better. We might use your information to customize your experience with us.
- We use information for security purposes. We may use information to protect our company, our customers, and our websites.
- We use information for marketing purposes. For example, we, or our business partners, might send you information about new products and special offers. Your information may also be used to serve you ads about products and offers. We might tell you about new features or updates. To learn about your choices for these communications, read the “Choices’ section below.
- We use information to communicate with you about our relationship. We may contact you about your feedback. We might also contact you about this Policy or our website Terms.
- We use information as otherwise permitted by law or as we may notify you.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION.
We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- We will share information within the FAGE family of companies.
- We will share information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we may share information with vendors who send emails for us. We may also share information with companies that help us operate our websites or run a promotion.
- We will share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may share it if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating potential fraud.
- We may share information with any successor to all or part of our business. For example, this may occur if FAGE merges with, is acquired by, or sells a brand or part of its business to another business entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control. We may sell or transfer our customer personal information as an asset or as part of a larger transaction action.
- Where you have asked us to share your information with a third party.
- We may share information for other reasons we may describe to you.
CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION.
You have certain choices about how we use your personal information. Certain choices you make are browser and device specific.
You can control cookies and tracking tools.
You can control tools on your mobile devices.
For example, you can turn off the GPS locator or push notifications on your phone. Each push notification has an “unsubscribe” link.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY NOTICE
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to make specific disclosures about how we collect, use and share the personal information of California residents who are subject to CCPA. CCPA also grants such California residents certain rights related to their personal information. This section describes our personal information practices offline and online, and contains these required disclosures and instructions for California residents who wish to exercise their rights under CCPA.
Please note that, to the extent permitted under CCPA, this section does not apply to the personal information of California residents that we collect:
- From our workforce members for employment-related purposes
- In the course of certain business-to-business transactions
We are required under CCPA to tell you which categories of “personal information” we collect, and which of these categories we disclose for “business purposes” or for “sale” purposes as these terms are defined under CCPA.
- In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information from California residents: identifiers; categories of personal information described in subdivision (e) of Section 1798.80, including physical characteristics or description; commercial information; internet or other electronic network activity information; geolocation; audio, electronic and visual information; professional or employment-related information; education information; and inferences drawn from the categories in this paragraph. We do not “sell” California consumer personal information for monetary or other valuable consideration. If you would like to limit the cookies and other tracking tools used on our Platform, please visit our About Our Ads policy or modify your cookie preferences using the Platform’s Cookie Settings tool.
- We may disclose any of the above categories of personal information for “business purposes” as this term is defined in CCPA.
We may collect personal information as described in the “HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION" section of this Policy
- We may use personal information we collect for "business purposes" and "commercial purposes" as these terms are defined in the CCPA. These purposes are described in the “HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION" section of this Policy
- We may share personal information we collect with third parties as described in the “HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION" section of this Policy.
California resident rights under CCPA. Subject to certain exclusions included in CCPA, and as relevant to our operations, California residents have the rights listed below. We may take steps to verify your identity, as permitted or required under CCPA, before we process your request. Verification may include asking you to provide information about yourself that we can match against information already in our possession.
- Notice. This means that you can request that we disclose the categories of personal information we have collected about you; the categories of sources from which such personal information is collected; the categories of personal information we have “sold” or disclosed for a business purpose; the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was “sold” or disclosed for a business purpose; and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months.
- Deletion. This means that you can request that we delete personal information about you which we have collected from you.
- Equal prices and services. This means that we are prohibited from discriminating against you if you exercise your rights under CCPA.
Agents that you have authorized to act on your behalf may also submit CCPA requests as instructed below. The agent must also provide evidence that they have your written permission to submit a request on your behalf. If we are unable to verify the authenticity of a request, we may ask you for more information or may deny the request.
California residents who wish to exercise their rights under this section can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate you are a California resident making a “CCPA” request.
Additional Information about your California Rights. If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email at email@example.com or write to us at the address listed below. Indicate in your email or letter that you are a California resident making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry.
NEVADA PRIVACY NOTICE
If you are a Nevada resident, under Privacy and Security of Personal Information Chapter of the Nevada Revised Statutes Section 603A (“603A”), you have the right to submit a verified request to us, directing us not to make any sale of certain “personal information” as defined under this law that we have collected or will collect about you. As of the date of this Policy, we do not knowingly engage in the “sale” of “personal information” of Nevada residents. This statement is based on our understanding of how the term “sale” is defined under 603A as of the date of this Policy. However, Nevada residents who wish to exercise their rights under this section can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate you are a Nevada resident making a “Nevada Opt-Out” request.
CHILDREN UNDER 18.
Our sites are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18, and strive to comply with the provisions of COPPA (the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 18 has given us information, you can email us at email@example.com. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children's privacy on-line here.
We use standard security measures.
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet.
We keep personal information as long as it is necessary or relevant for the practices described in this Policy. We also keep information as otherwise required by law.
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Personal Information we maintain may be stored in or outside of the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States. This Platform is intended for use in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country. Personal Information processed and stored in another country, including the United States, may be subject to disclosure or access requests by the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies in that country according to its laws.
By using our Platform or by providing us with personal information, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
Our site may also serve third party content that contains their own cookies or tracking technologies. To learn more, click here. We do not control the use of those technologies.
contact us if you have more questions.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also write to us or call at: FAGE USA Dairy Industry, Inc. Customer Relations
Johnstown Industrial Park, 1 Opportunity Drive
Johnstown, NY 12095
Phone: (866) 962-5912
We may update this Policy.
From time to time we may change our privacy policies. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our website. Please check our site periodically for updates.
©2022 FAGE USA Dairy Industry, Inc. Trademarks are used with the permission of FAGE International S.A. All rights reserved.