New Recipe: Stuffed Peppers with Sour Cream
A delicious take on a classic comfort that’s packed with protein and fresh veggies. Use any color bell peppers your heart desires. This stuffed pepper dish is a meal the entire family will love!
- 4 peppers, cored and cut in half length wise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups cooked rice or cauliflower rice
- 1 (15 oz.) canned diced tomato
- 1 (15 oz.) canned tomato puree
- 2 cups Mexican shredded cheese
- FAGE Sour Cream
- Parsley, chopped
Cook Time: 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place pepper halves into a 9x13 baking dish and set aside.
- Coat frying pan with olive oil and heat at medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add garlic and ground beef and cook until meat is cooked through.
- Add Worcestershire, salt, Italian seasoning and paprika and lower heat.
- Add rice and diced tomato and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Stuff each pepper half with meat mixture. Pour half of tomato puree onto the peppers and half into the dish. Sprinkle with cheese and bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes or until peppers are cooked. Top liberally with sour cream and parsley.